Bragging Rights: How to Brag without Looking Like A Jerk
Do you have a product or service that you’re really proud of, but anytime you bring it up do you feel like you’re bragging. Here are 12 creative ways to have bragging rights without looking like a jerk.
1) Have your customers do the bragging for you! The biggest brands in the world have been doing this for years. Just ask your customers to provide a review or testimonial about their experience with your product or service. There’s no comparison to getting someone else to brag about you.
2) Have your friends used your service or products? Just ask your them to say something nice about you and your service. If you can’t talk your friends into bragging for you then you may need to find new friends.
3) Use Social Media for interactions and as a bragging reference. Have you just solved a huge issue for a company you’re working with? Find for people having the same problems and tweet or message them a solution. Talk about covert bragging and it may just get you a new customer.
Example: @stidtosendto I had the same issue and used “123” to solve the problem. You can find out more about it here: URL
4) Use Your Blog as Your Bragging Platform. A great blog post includes experiences to back up your story. Have you worked for some of the largest companies in the world? Blog about how you helped them to solve a problem. A corporate or personal blog is a great way to share your background and successes.
5) Get someone to interview you. Most interviews include a short biography section in the beginning. You can provide some bragging points in the form of a biography. You just need to make sure it’s written in first person to make it look like it’s coming from the interviewer.
6) Linkedin has been overlooked as place to share business information. Inside of linkedin there are many areas you can share information about your business. One of the best ways is to become a member a group and give your advice. There many questions posted and you it’s easy to insert your brag within a useful reply. For example when you helped “123” company with the same problem this is what we did to solve it.
7) You can hire a professional to brag for you. This may sound somewhat extreme but you would be very surprised how many times this is done. This maybe to hire a person on Fiverr or a paided social media consultant are typically is your best bet to help to get your credentials out for all to see.
8) Blog Comment Marketing is a very effective way to brag if you do it right. No I’m not saying to go out and spam a bunch of blogs because you’ll get a bad reputation. The best way is to leave helpful comments on related blogs where you can contribute and you become a part of the community. Then, others will willingly help you to spread your credentials.
9) Forums are a really good places to help you to brag. Here you can post your successes as part of solving other people’s problems on forum threads. You can find what others are asking and post that type of question on another forum.
10) Public speaking is a super method to brag about your business. By getting in front of an audience at an event. Then you can tell them why you are there and how you can help them. Showcase the accomplishments for you or your company. Many times there are people that tweet, blog or share your information online for you.
11) Article submission is a simple way to get your bragging out. When you write the article use your accomplishments as a case study. This ia great way to share your success without sounding like you’re bragging.
12) Create a website slogan that will help you brag. Is there anything you or company excels at then add that to your slogan. This helps to solidify your position on a regular basis.
If you want to find out how getting someone else to brag about you or your service can help you succeed in your business find out more here at Magnetic Sponsoring.
Yours in Mastery,