Social Media Marketing Plan for you Blog
Have you heard of the latest Google changes named Penguin? In Penguin Google puts more emphasis on social media signals than they have in the past. So to be able to get your site and post ranked on the search results you will need to have social proof. This indicates to Google that your post are desired by the masses. So you’re really need to have a social media marketing plan in place.
Creating a Social Media Marketing Plan is much easier than you think, all you need to do is follow these simple steps and you’ll be well on your way to implementing your successful social media marketing plan. Without having a plan you’re just leaving it to chance that you blog will be found. Not the best approach.
9 Simple Steps for Creating a Social Media Marketing Plan
- Add social sharing button to your blog or site,this will provide an easy way for your existing visitors to share your site with their friends and followers. Simple but effective way to get visitors the to share is to ask for it directly in the post.
- Use Facebook and twitter to promote your blog or site, Create a Facebook fan page or twitter hashtag to add reach to your brand presence. Adding link gate and other viral gets to you fan page help get your message out there faster.
- You can also create a Google+ page for your blog or site. Add Google authorship markup to your site along with organizing your Google+ circles. This will add more validation with directly to Google that your site deserves high positioning on the search results.
- Ensure that your social profiles are completed and have your keywords added to help with your SEO efforts. Ensure that your are engaging your audience through providing regular updates, this could include sending your blog posts to attract them to your online hub.
- Link your social media accounts such as Facebook fan page and twitter accounts. Always ensure that you include your blog there as well to drive your follower to your main online presence. This will help to deliever on the benefits of your Social Media Marketing Plan.
- You can run contests and giveaways offering prizes in exchange for a Facebook share, Twitter tweet or a Google+ share. Use Pay with a tweet to access value added information on your site.
- Ensure that you you optimize your blog’s RSS feed by using Feedburner. This will get your blog better exposure on the RSS directories. Using the RSS Footer plugging will get you most exposure as well. This is a key element of any Social Media Marketing Plan.
- You can augment your efforts with some paid advertising option available. This could include adding a Facebook campaign, twitter ads sponsored stories and tweets as well as Google Social Extensions using AdWords campaigns. These will allow you you add more traffic while you build your SEO. Ensure you send your traffic to an optimized lead capture page that will entice them to leave you their Name, e-mail address and phone number.
- Don’t forget to automate your efforts like Twitter tools such as TweetAdder, Buffer, Twitterfeed and GroupTweet. Also available as SocialAdr and TribePro for automated social media links to your Blog. Make sure to add this to your Social Media Marketing Plan.
Finally any Social Media Marketing Plan wouldn’t be complete without tracking. You should setup up a tracking system to find out how your efforts are actually doing. Without measuring, analyzing and refining your strategy you will never improve on what’s working and change or eliminate what’s not. In this effort you can use tools like Social Metrics Pro, Facebook Insights and Google Webmaster Tools.
To receive a 4 part video series on how to become a Alpha Marketer click HERE.
Yours in mastery.